Monday, August 10, 2009

Brainy

I have approximately 57 hours until I depart during which time I have a whole lot to do involving packing and cleaning and saying goodbye. None of these are my favorite past times, but nevertheless, they must be done. As my friend Suzanne says, "Isn't being a grown up fun?"

I've been getting various tidbits of advice from people over the past few weeks when they find out I'm going on tour. The one I'm focusing on tonight is my brother's colleague and friend who warned me that there will be a lot of drinking on tour and that I should plan ahead by bringing things to nourish my mind. I don't kid myself that I can avoid all the drinking; I've never been a loner. But I do plan to bring some books, decks of cards, logic problems, and sudoku puzzles. I was thinking that I should set a goal for myself on this tour. I want to complete a collection. Perhaps it's time to read the plays I've never tackled in The Complete Works of Shakespeare. Or read more than simply The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe in The Chronic (what?) cles of Narnia. I've also been meaning to read the Bible and the Book of Mormon for quite some time.

Well, I've got 56.5 hours in which to decide what to bring...

No comments:

Post a Comment